ACT Appraisal Appeal Form
Fields marked with an * are required.
Please list the name and email of the site manager submitting this appeal in the spaces below.
Please note Reconsideration of value must be submitted within 30 days of receiving the completed appraisal report.
- Acceptable Appeals:
- The completed appeal form with NO MORE than 3 confirmed comparable sales.
- Comparable sales are defined as:
- Closed sales within the subject’s defined market area
- Closed sales no more than 90 days BEFORE the effective date of the appraisal (Older sales may be used if they fall within the acceptable range used by the appraiser.)
- Closed sales within a similar distance or close than the closed sales used in the grid of the appraisal report.
- Closed sales with comparable room count, square footage or other significant amenities such as lot size, pool, and/or upgrades to the kitchen and bath.
- Corrections to the appraisal such as square footage and room count – the Broker/LO is to provide proof (tax records, county records, etc.) to prove incorrect reporting by the appraiser to justify an amended value. Please note that public records may or may not be accurate.
- GLA variances should not exceed more than 20% of the subject GLA.
- Unacceptable Appeals:
- One of the above instructions was not followed.
- Do not suggest value, past values or estimates of value of any kind. Do not submit past appraisals or any part of a past appraisal.
- Since multiple reconsiderations requests can be perceived as an attempt to influence the appraiser’s value, ACT Appraisal, Inc. will allow this process only once. Please do not resubmit a previous appeal.
- Do not dispute adjustments – Adjustments are based on the market’s reaction to a comparable feature. This opinion is factual information derived from the appraiser’s research in the market area.